Egyptian Fava Bean Stew
- 1 30 ounce can Fava Beans
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 can Water
- 1 tbsp Tahini Sauce optional
- 1 tsp Toum optional
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley optional
- Add the favas from the can to a pot.
- Fill the can halfway with water then add the water to the favas.
- Add the cumin.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the pot. Be careful of seeds.
- Stir well and place on medium low heat. Let it simmer and not boil for about an hour.
- Once it has cooked for about half an hour, mash some but not all of the favas. This will thicken the stew.
- Serve with tahini sauce and parsley garnish.
I find the canned favas contain enough salt already but you can add more to your liking.