Sweet Potato Toast
- Waffle Iron
- 1 large Sweet Potato get the biggest and roundest you can
- Wash the sweet potato well and peel it if you do not want the skin.
- Set your mandolin to cut 1/4 inch slices and slice the sweet potato. Sweet potatoes are tough to cut so be careful. Store any slices you do not plan to eat in a ziplock bag in fridge. These keep well for about a week.
- Place the sweet potato slices in your waffle maker in one layer. Cook for 5 minutes then flip them over and cook for another 5 minutes. The longer you cook the crispier they'll get.
- Serve with toppings of choice. Peanut butter and jam work well. These are also perfect for soft taco shells.